TechTallk: Strategies For Building And Managing Your Industry Ecosystem (Aug. 2nd)
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM EST
InformationWeek: Justify Your Cloud Security Investment (Aug. 9th)
Organizations expect their industry ecosystem partners to function as a seamless extension of their team - to augment capacity and capability while enabling flexibility and resiliency.
Participants will get insight on how to:
- Identify key digital transformation programs and use cases for your industry ecosystem that accelerates innovation and meets customer/consumer/citizen/patient needs
- Determine the necessary IT, OT, & 3rd Platform digital technology investments
- Establish the roadmap that shifts static, linear partnerships to profitable, open, collaborative business models in support of shared data & insights, application development, and operations & expertise
Speaker: Jeff Hojlo | Research Vice President, Future of Industry Ecosystems & Product Innovation Strategies
Hosted by TeckTalk Summits
Tuesday, August 9th, 2022: 1:00 PM to 2:00 EDT
Techstrong: CloudNativeDay 2022 (August 10th)
Join this webinar to discover how deploying virtual firewalls could get you a significant 115% ROI. With research supported by a Forrester TEI study of virtual firewalls user gains, benefits, risk aversion, and payback over three years. You will also learn how US Signal, a leading provider of data center and cloud services, has rapidly deployed virtual firewalls for its 400+ cloud customers and streamlined its own security oversight.
In this webinar, you will discover:
- Strategies to protect yourself and your customers using firewalls as part of your cloud security.
- How protecting your cloud is a way to invest in your organization's overall Zero Trust efficiency and security going forward.
- The top business drivers to look for in a firewall that you are considering investing in.
Hosted by InformationWeek
Wednesday, August 10th, 2022: 9:00 PM to 1:00 PM EDT
IDC: State of the Market: IT Spending & Recession Impact by Industry (Aug. 18th)
Cloud-native brings new opportunities and challenges for security, observability, platform engineering and reliability engineering.
- Get on board the new cloud-native stack train
- Use open source to turbocharge your business apps
- Accelerate your career with cloud-native technology skills
- Fireside Chat w/ Tim Hockin: Original Google Kubernetes Team Member Discussing Frontiers in Kubernetes
- Cloud-Native Challenges in Traditional Enterprises
- End-to-End Kubernetes Policy With Fairwinds Insights and OPA
- Securing the Software Supply Chain for Cloud-Native Development
- Backing Up Your K8s Strategy: The Facts and Myths
- Observability: A Crash Course
- Four Signs it's Time to Level Up Prometheus
- Managing Cloud Risk Without Slowing App Delivery
- Service Mesh: Day Zero
- WebAssembly: Future of Cloud-Native Applications with WasmCloud
- Move Fast and Don't Break Things
- Meet our Partners
- Supply Chain Security in a Microservices Implementation
- DevSecOps in the Cloud - An Essential Approach for Growing Organizations
- Practical Tips for Cloud Incident Response
- Enterprise Cloud-Native Migration
Hosted by Techstrong
Thursday, August 18th, 2022: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
SNIA: xPU Deployment and Solutions Deep Dive (Aug. 24th)
As the global economy enters what many believe will be a global recession, IT projects remain highly prioritized as part of renewed efforts towards achieving digital transformation. Against a challenging backdrop of rising inflation and weakening growth, organizations of all types are adjusting IT budgets to a new economic outlook and building contingency plans for the next 18 months. The impact of a weakening economy will vary significantly across geographies, industries and business types.
The presentation, featuring Jessica Goepfert and Stephen Minton from IDC's Customer Insights & Analysis team, will address questions such as:
- What are IDC's current predictions for enterprise IT budgets in the next 18 months, and how do these vary by industry?
- Which industries are most likely to be impacted by an economic recession, and what impact will this have on IT budgets?
- How is consumer IT spending likely to be affected by inflation and increasing interest rates?
- What are the latest indicators for economic and IT spending sentiment, and how do these vary by region and industry?
Hosted by IDC
Wednesday, August 24th, 2022: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
SETC: Data Analytics: Understanding Where Your Energy is Used (Aug. 30th)
Our 1st and 2nd webcasts in this xPU series explained what xPUs are, how they work, and what they can do. In this 3rd webcast, we will dive deeper into next steps for xPU deployment and solutions, discussing:
When to deploy
- Pros and cons of dedicated accelerator chips versus running everything on the CPU
- xPU use cases across hybrid, multi-cloud and edge environments
- Cost and power considerations
Where to deploy
- Deployment operating models: Edge, Core Data Center, CoLo, Public Cloud
- System location: In the server, with the storage, on the network, or in all those locations?
How to deploy
- Mapping workloads to hyperconverged and disaggregated infrastructure
- Integrating xPUs into workload flows
- Applying offload and acceleration elements within an optimized solution
Hosted by SNIA
Tuesday, August 30th, 2022: 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM EDT
Climate change is already showing its impact across the globe, with extreme weather patterns and rising waters posing risks to people, animals, and all other life forms. And these dangers are only increasing in pace and scope. By 2026, climate-related weather events are expected to cost businesses 1.3 trillion dollars.
When it comes to the technology industry, is there anything we can do to lower the carbon footprint and reach net-zero? That's why the Sustainable EnterpriseTechnology Council was formed.
What is the Sustainable Enterprise Technology Council?
Founded by BWG Connect and World Wide Technology, the Sustainable Enterprise Technology Council (SETC) is an organization on a mission to promote sustainability and reduce the carbon footprint of the enterprise technology industry.
The SETC aims to be a collaborative organization, bringing in various voices from companies big and small, creating a community to participate in building initiatives. The SETC preliminary topics include more efficient computing, data center design and retrofitting, site selection, efficient cooling, managing carbon credits, and renewable energy. According to Founding Partners Greg Irwin and Brendan Walsh, they want issues to be driven primarily by the community.
See all archived IT - CxO Events articles
See all articles from this issue